- To provide mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism educators and scholars a common forum of collective growth and opportunities in the world of contemporary media and communication studies.
- To establish a platform to promote culture of research contributing in the creation of knowledge in communication field.
- To pool in the resources of mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism educationists to promote education and research.
- To collaborate at national and international level in the domain of mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism academics.
Inspired by the vision of Allama Muhammad Iqbal, we envisage that media education should to be a deliberate effort to bring about an organic relation between the individual and the society, which can be achieved through an orderly transmission of the collective experience of the social mind from generation to generation. Media education must create a balance betweenvalues of the culture one belongs to and modern ideas.
Goals & Objectives
- Hold national and international talks, lectures, workshops, and conferences on regular basis.
- Enhance networking among mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism educationists for joint academic ventures.
- Take initiatives to improve the quality and standards of existing media education curriculum and suggest reforms keeping the national and international needs in mind.
- Improve academic writings and mass media teaching skills for existing and future mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism academicians.
- Take initiatives to incorporate latest modules on handling of modern technological tools in education and research of mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism for educationists, students and media practitioners.
- Collaborate at national and international level with various organizations, educational institutions, and associations.
- Create awareness on contemporary issues of national and international importance through seminars/ lectures
- Develop a liaison with academia, media industry and government.
- Establish training/teaching/educational institutions/centers according to the modern advancements in the discipline.
- Take initiatives for research publications in the field of mass communication/ media studies/ communication studies/ journalism and related disciplines.
- Take initiatives in broadcasting, telecasting and digital media.
- Take initiatives for digital publications and digital telecasting including web, mobile and social media network sites.
- Conceptualize and execute research and development projects at national and international level.
Philosophy of AMCAP
Media education should be a deliberate effort to bring about an organic relation between the individual and the society to which he or she belongs, and this can be achieved through an orderly transmission of the collective experience of the social mind from generation to generation. For this, foundations have been laid out years ago by Allama Muhammad Iqbal and his school of thought. By following those foundations we can go far beyond acquiring a balance between modern ideas and the character of our culture, and actually arrive at a clear perception of a transcendent unity between the two.
AMCAP For You
AMCAP is a platform to nurture your academic potential.
It will enhance your networking with media/ mass communication/ journalism academicians at national and international level.
AMCAP will provide you opportunities to share your research ideas through national and international conferences, workshops, seminars and discussion forums.
You can get your research papers published in AMCAP journals.
Your academic ideas will be executed through AMCAP forum.
AMCAP will provide trainings to enhance your teaching, research and professional skills.
It will provide a platform to talk about ideas to meet the challenges in media education.
It will strive to bridge the gaps between media education and media industry.